Health & Wellness Insurance
This package is designed for Complementary Clinics, Spas or Individual Practitioners who are licensed, certified, or trained to perform in their primary modality. Just as proper exercise & nutrition are great for your wellbeing, so is comprehensive insurance to protect your business against allegations and potential lawsuits.
* NOTE: These policies are designed to be more economical due to Broker handling not being involved. Please enter your information in the application carefully.
Once a policy is purchased online, extra administration charges apply for required changes, certificates, and need for Broker services.
This page includes information about:
- The Health & Wellness Professional occupations eligible to buy Online Health & Wellness Insurance Packages *
- The other types of coverage that you can add to this online insurance policy.
- The coverage amounts / limits available for the various products.
* Coverage available to Complementary Clinics / Spas with leased space or individual practitioners.
Who Needs Health & Wellness Insurance?
This package is suitable for individuals who are working as independent contractors or business owners who rent/lease a location and have up to 20 employees.
Eligible Health & Wellness Services Professionals
- Aston Pattering
- Bio Energetic Intolerance
- Bio-Energy Healing
- Bowen Therapy
- Chair Massage (non-RMT)
- Chakra Balancing
- Colour Therapy
- CPR/First Aid
- Craniosacral Therapy
- Crystal Healing
- Deep Muscle Therapy
- Deep Tissue Massage (non-RMT)
- Guided Imagery
- Healing Touch
- Hot Stone Massage (non-RMT)
- Hydrotherapy (RMT only)
- Indian Head Massage (non-RMT)
- Integrated Energy Therapy
- Japa Meditation
- Jin Shin Jyutsu
- Kinesitherapy Massage
- Light Energy Therapy
- Lomilomi Massage
- Lymphatic Drainage
- MELT Method
- Muscle Therapy
- Myofascial Release
- Neurostructural Integration
- Nordic Pole Walking
- Nutritionist/ Nutritional Consulting
- Osteopathy Manual Practictioner [(D)OMP certification only]
- Quantum Touch
- Raindrop Therapy
- Registered Massage Therapist (RMT)
- Relaxation Massage (non-RMT)
- Sound Healing
- Sports Massage
- Structural Integration
- Swedish Massage (non-RMT)
- Tai Chi
- Therapeutic Touch
- Touch for Health
- Trigger Point Therapy
- Visceral Manipulation
- Zen Therapy
Coverage Amounts / Limit Options Available
The following are the specific coverage / limit options available to choose to purchase within this package.
Limit/Coverage Amount– the available limit options and/or highest amount the insurer will pay in the case of a claim.
Premium – the lowest starting premium amount you would pay to cover your risk.
Health & Wellness Insurance Coverages
Professional Liability – Included
Malpractice Insurance or Professional Liability Insurance is a must-have for health and wellness related services. Clients may sue you due to negligence, mistake, oversight, or harmful treatment “decisions” etc. The advice that you or your Practitioners / employees provide in-person or online may be targeted and blamed for a client’s subsequent health problems. Whether you physically push a client a little too much or provide “wrong” advice on their treatment plan or diet, this policy can be the difference between your business’s success and failure.
Commercial General Liability – Included
General liability insurance serves to protect you from claims due to bodily injury and property damage. If you have patients or members coming to your premises, there is the risk they may injure themselves in some way. This is especially relevant for providers of complementary health services or clinics. A lot of times the limit of insurance is driven by the lease of the premises you operate out of requires. When that is not a factor, then the higher the risk or the severity of the possible physical injury from the type of services offered – the higher your coverage limit should be.
Contents & Equipment – Optional
Contents or Property Insurance protects the equipment you use for your professional services in the unexpected event that it is damaged (fire, flood, theft). This coverage provides funds to repair or replace your property – allowing you to focus on returning to business. Examples include furniture, fixtures (flooring, lighting, appliances), and office and computer equipment.
Legal Advice Phone Line – Included
This free legal advice phone line coverage allows you to have access to unlimited legal advice from 8 am to midnight, 7 days a week. There are many scenarios in which you may run into incidents that you need some quick advice on. A customer tripped in the hallway, what should you do? A dispute with the clinic or studio owner over your rented services room. A contractual dispute with a supplies provider. As a wellness services business, you may run into a number of legal problems throughout a year, whether big or small.
Many people are familiar with the steep per hour costs of hiring a lawyer – this service helps overcomes that issue of not wanting to put out those funds by giving you access to quick, easy, cost-free advice. Ultimately, the legal advice phone line allows you to continue serving your clients with a higher level of confidence and peace of mind.
Privacy Breach & Security Breach Service – Included
This coverage will help you react quickly in the event of a data breach. Imagine your online system is hacked, or your customers’ payment details are stolen. In these unfortunate events, a group of experts will quickly develop a breach response strategy and incident management plan to assist with mitigating the impacts of a potential breach on your business.
- Breach Counseling – To help determine whether a breach has occurred and assess the severity of the incident
- Crisis Management – Time-saving professional assistance in handling a breach
- Media Relations Consulting – Public relations assistance to help protect or restore your business’ reputation
- Legal Support – Documentation of steps taken and remediation services provided
* All insurance coverage described is intended to be general in nature and subject to the applicable insurer’s specific policy wording, terms, conditions and exclusions.