Architects & Engineers Insurance

Engineers and architects are constantly scrutinized by clients and therefore, exposed to being the target of costly lawsuits. That’s why it’s important as ever to cover all your bases. With online insurance, we guide you to build a coverage plan to suit your needs. Don’t risk potentially irreversible damage to your career, professional reputation, and finances. Get the right coverage today.

  • Professional Liability (Errors & Omissions) – Included
  • General Liability – Optional
  • Contents Coverage – Optional
  • Property Away From Office – Optional

Click Here for more information about the coverages available.


These policies are designed to be more economical due to less personnel handling being required. Once a policy is purchased online, any changes needed will result in extra administration charges for processing. In the application, please type your information carefully.

    Eligible Occupations for Architects & Engineers Insurance

    • Architects (ARB/RIBA)
    • Architectural Technicians
    • Landscape Architects
    • Acoustical
    • Chemical
    • Civil
    • Construction Mgmt (including contractors)
    • Construction Mgmt (over 25% residential)
    • Electrical
    • Environmental Phase 1/2
    • Environmental Phase 3
    • Forensic/Expert Witness
    • Geotechnical
    • HVAC
    • Hydrology/Geology
    • Industrial Process
    • Interior Design
    • Lab/Material Testing
    • Land Surveying
    • Land Use Planning
    • Landscape Architect
    • Marine/Coastal
    • Mechanical
    • Nuclear
    • Corrosion Engineering
    • Project Management
    • Software Engineering

    Coverage Amounts (Limit Options)

    The following are the specific limit options available to you, depending on the coverage(s) you choose to purchase. 

    Table showing limit options for architect and engineer insurance

    Limit/Coverage Amount–  the highest amount the insurer will pay in the case of a claim.

    Coverages for Architects & Engineers Insurance

    female engineer holding floorplan with mistakes on it

    Professional Liability – Included

    As you’re a professional engineer or architect, when people rely on your advice, any errors in your services – or even the failure to provide specific advice, recommendations, can land you in court. That’s where professional liability comes in. This coverage protects you by covering the costs of legal expenses so that you can defend yourself and go back to running and growing your business.

    Here are some examples of common professional liability claims:

    • Design Errors/Repairs that resulted in financial losses for the client
    • Going over the budget or delays in a project timeline.
    • Leaving out vital information from a project


    Commercial General Liability – Optional

    Commercial general liability insurance covers common risks such as client injuries, property damage, slander, and other advertising injuries. It protects your business during lawsuits and pays for legal and medical expenses.

    Imagine you accidentally spill coffee on a client’s white couch, or accidentally damage a client’s computer. This coverage helps cover the cost of replacing damaged property.


    Contents coverage for architects and engineers

    Contents Coverage – Optional

    No matter what type of engineer or architect you are, you know you certainly rely on certain tools, devices, or equipment to get the job done. Whether you rent an office, work from home, or own your building, contents coverage protects these valuable assets inside your place of business.  For example, imagine a fire, theft, or flood causes damages or loss to your equipment, computers, office furniture, devices, etc,. This coverage helps repair or replace them allowing you to get back to work quicker and cutting your losses.

    Broken camera to represent importance of architects and engineers insurance

    Property Away From The Office – Optional

    When commuting from location to location while working, do you carry certain work devices or tools? Camera, work cell phone or laptop, etc.? If so, portable equipment insurance is highly recommended as these portable contents are exposed to a higher risk of damage. Consider you are driving to a client’s worksite and you get rear-ended causing your camera lens to break. In this case, portable equipment coverage provides funds for you to repair, or replace your damaged item.

    * All insurance coverage described is intended to be general in nature and subject to the applicable insurer’s specific policy wording, terms, conditions, and exclusions. 

    Ready To Get An Architects & Engineers Insurance Quote?