Event Liability Insurance
As an event host, you are responsible for the protection and safety of guests and the property. Event liability insurance provides commercial general liability: third-party bodily injury, and property damage that could occur at your private or public event. It also offers two coverage options: alcohol liability insurance and non-owned auto insurance. Additional Insured Certificates will be issued for no additional cost at the time of purchase.
- Commercial General Liability – Included
- Non-Owned Auto Liability – Optional
- Liquor Liability – Optional
Click Here to view coverage descriptions.
These policies are designed to be more economical due to less personnel handling being required. Once a policy is purchased online, any changes needed will result in extra administration charges for processing.
This policy is designed for those in Alberta: Calgary, Edmonton, Red Deer, Lethbridge, Fort McMurray, etc.
Who Needs Event Liability Insurance?
- Eligible Events include, but not limited to…
- Anniversary Party
- Athletic Events and Competitions
- Awards Banquet
- Baby Shower
- Bar/Bat Mitzvah
- Bingo Games (charity/fundraisers only)
- Birthday Party
- Business Dinner
- Graduation Party
- Business Lecture/Seminar/Meeting
- Car/RV/Boat Show (static display only)
- Class Reunion
- Club Meeting
- Concert (dance/music/theatrical)
- Corporate Banquet
- Corporate Private Party / Retirement Party
- Debut/Product Launch Event
- Engagement Party
- Family Reunion
- Festival (art, crafts, ethnic, harvest)
- Fundraiser Dinner
- Graduation Ceremony
- Haunted Attractions
- House Warming
- Mazes (Corn/Hay/Fence)
- Memorial Service
- Military Reunion
- Picnic (no water activities)
- Political Campaign
- Private luncheon
- Recital (dance or music)
- Rummage Sale
- School Carnival (no rides)
- Shows – (antique, art, baby, crafts, fashion, flower, gardening, home, wedding)
- Speaking Engagement
- Stage Show (dance, music, theatrical)
- Swap Meet
- Theatrical Performance/Musical
- Tours (Garden, holiday, parade of homes, historical sites)
- Walk (non-competitive: charity/benefit/fundraising)
- Wedding Ceremony
- Wedding Reception
- Wedding Rehearsal Dinner
- Wedding Shower
- Wedding Package (includes multiples events such as wedding ceremony, reception, rehearsal dinner)
Coverage Amounts (Limit Options)
The following are the specific limit options available to you, depending on the coverage(s) you choose to purchase.
Limit/Coverage Amount– the highest amount the insurer will pay in the case of a claim.
Premium – the starting amount you would pay to cover your risk.
Coverages for Event Liability Insurance
Commercial General Liability – Included
Commercial General Liability protects you and your business, from third party property damage and bodily injury claims. General liability also covers claims due to damages to a rented venue during the rental period. Rest easy knowing that if something goes wrong, you are covered.
Non-Owned Auto Liability for Events – Optional
Will you, employees, or volunteers be driving their vehicles while completing business for your event? Before the event will someone be picking up supplies? If so, it’s recommended you include this policy in your package. Non-owned auto liability protects you against lawsuits arising from the use of vehicles not owned by the insured, such as a chartered bus.
Liquor Liability for Events – Optional
Liquor or alcohol liability is a must if alcohol will be served at your party / event. According to the Insurance Bureau of Canada, anyone could be held liable for damages or injuries that happened when alcohol was a contributing factor in the incident.
For more information on serving liquor, click here.
Have a question? Don’t hesitate to reach out!
Or send us a chat below.
How much does Event Liability Insurance cost?
The cost of Event Liability Insurance is dependent on a variety of factors, some of which include the size of your business, experience, training, and your business’s annual revenue.
Our Online Insurance for Events cost is also dependent on which limits of insurance you select, making it possible for you to customize based on your budget and business needs.
How do I make sure I'm getting the right insurance coverage for my business?
Great Question! Event Insurance has been designed specifically for a wide range of eligible types of events in Alberta. In addition, we have provided descriptions of all optional and included coverages above to help you choose which ones are relevant to your event.
I didn't meet the qualifications for getting an online quote. What now?
Not to worry! We will be notified to reach out to you and see if we can help customize a policy for you.
What does online insurance include? Are there any extra fees?
Your policy documents and coverage are included in the price.
Extra administration charges apply for required changes, certificates, and need for Broker services.
* All insurance coverage described is intended to be general in nature and subject to the applicable insurer’s specific policy wording, terms, conditions and exclusions.