Contents In Storage
Are you downsizing, renovating, traveling, in between homes, or needing to store your personal property for the short-term or long- term? Storage Insurance can be purchased in short durations, from 1 month, 3 months, 6 months, etc. to cover your personal belongings while in a storage facility.
These policies are designed to be more economical due to less personnel handling being required. Once a policy is purchased online, any changes needed will result in extra administration charges for processing.
Contents in Storage Covers
Personal Household Contents In Storage
Are you downsizing, renovating, traveling, in between homes, or needing to store your personal property for the short-term or long- term?
This online product provides coverage for Personal Household Property in Storage at a professional storage facility, whether in locked containers or either in individual locked storage units or locked containers.
Coverage Amounts (Limit Options)
The following are the specific limit options available to you, depending on the coverage(s) you choose to purchase.
Special Limits/Coverage Amounts– For the following types of property, we will not pay more
than the stated limits for that part of any loss or damage which exceeds the deductible amount.
(1) Utility Trailers (not used with watercraft) up to $1,000 in all;
(2) Watercraft, their trailers, furnishings, equipment, accessories and motors up to $2,000 in all;
(3) Garden tractors including attachments and
accessories up to $5,000 in all;
(4) Golf carts including attachments and accessories up to $5,000 in all;
(5) Each bicycle, its equipment and accessories up to $500 in all;
(6) Spare automobile parts up to $500 in all;
(7) Computer hardware up to $2,000 in all;
(8) Computer software up to $1,000 in all:
(9) Audio and / or video recordings up to $3,000 in all;
(10) Silverware, silver-plated ware, goldware, gold plated ware and pewter ware up to $2,500 in all;
(11) Fine Arts, up to $1,000 each item and $5,000 in all. *Fine Arts includes Paintings, etchings, pictures, tapestries and other bona fide works of art (such as valuable rugs, statuary, marbles, bronzes, rare books, antique silver, manuscripts, porcelains, rare glass and bric-a-brac) of rarity, historical value or artistic merit.
** If your personal property has higher limits in certain areas that shown above, you should speak to a broker to get a customized insurance quote.
* All insurance coverage described is intended to be general in nature and subject to the applicable insurer’s specific policy wording, terms, conditions and exclusions.